Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lovers

I know you have one - you can't forget - won't let go - wish you could, but can't.

If you don't - God bless you when you do!

If you have...follow me for this discussion on old love(rs); this is also good reading for those headed toward "the one".

I can't forget him!

Well in my case...its several hymns - as in favorite songs we repeat because the song lingers in our mind and stays close to our heart - for me old lovers really is like that.

Sweet memories...fun, joyful, youthful, free, unscripted, no games, flowing, needing, wanting to be needed, loving, being loving, wanting love, feeling loved, just plain ole simple, passionate pleasure!

These are the reasons I can't, won't, haven't been able to let go of those old love(rs) - at least not in my heart.  And I'm not sure I want to - or need to (although psychologist and others suggest it is good to let go of those old love(rs)).

But I say "Why?"

Why let go of something that feels good, makes you feel good, is free, is uniquely yours, and has brought you such joy?

Why must the heart let go of old love(rs)?

They would answer because "Old" lovers hold you back from new love; old lovers keep you tied to what was and what's over and done - anchor to what is no longer possible - stuck on chapters that are closed."

And to this I say..."Olove(rs) are the reason I am able to go forward, forge ahead with love in spite of any hurt, against heartache or heartbreak, keep the faith, believe, know that love - even old love is good for the heart.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.  Judy Garland


To be continued...
 
Ade,
Peace